Friday 13 May 2016

Buhari's Interview Footage Wth CNN's Christine Amanpour (video)

Buhari said that he hasn't seen the video, but that he wouldn't want to show the video to the families even if he sees it because he doesn't want to raise their hopes without having something to show for it.

President Muhammadu Buhari has said meeting parents of the schoolgirls abducted from Government Secondary School, Chibok, Borno state, on a regular basis, is not good for his emotional state.
Lamenting the plight of the parents in an interview with Chief International Correspondent and host of CNNi’s nightly global affairs program, Christine Amanpour, President Buhari said he could not imagine his own daughter in such situation.



“I saw the families as a group twice. The first time, they came to visit my wife. The second, they came as a group to see me, and the less I see them the better for my own emotional balance,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment